Chicken 750 grams (12 pieces)
Elbow macaroni 1 cup (measured before boiling, half boiled for just 4-5 minutes)
Peas blanched 1 cup
Potatoes 1 cup (raw, cut into small cubes)
Carrot 1 cup (raw, cut into small cubes)
Sweet corn 1 cup
Ingredients for marinade:
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Salt 1¼ tsp
Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Lemon juice 3-4 tbsp
Yogurt 2 tbsp
Oil ¼ cup
Green chili paste 1 tsp
Coriander leaves 3-4 tbsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
Roasted cumin 1 tsp
Aluminium foil cut it into 8 by 8 inches square.
- Put all the ingredients listed under Ingredients for Marinade (including oil) in a large clean bowl. Whisk well.
- Now take another bowl, put macaroni and vegetables in it. Add only 4-5 tbsp of the marination. Toss it.
- Mix chicken pieces in the remaining marination mixture. Leave both bowls at room temperature to rest for at least 4-5 hours.
4. Take foil, put 4 tbsp full of veg and macaroni in the center of the foil, make bed of it. Put one chicken piece on it, pour about 1 tsp of chicken marination juice on it.
5. Fold each side so they overlap each other. Close the edges together to make loose square shape parcel, seal tightly. Repeat the same process with rest of the chicken.
How to make steamer at home:
- Take a big pot, fill it with 3-4 cups of water. Place strainer in the center of the pot carefully.
- Turn on the stove on high flame, cover the pot with lid, and let it generate steam for at least 15-20 minutes before putting in the parcels.
- Carefully uncover the pot, add parcels in a single layer (as shown in the above image). Cover with lid tightly.
- Steam it for at least 20-25 minutes on medium-low flame until the macaroni and vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Repeat with remaining parcels once these are done.
Serve with Garlic Bread.
- Make sure to put the seal of the parcels upward when putting them to steam.
- If you are making it for dinner, marinate everything in the morning. If serving for lunch, do it a night before for best results.
- You can also bake these parcels for about 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) at 200 degrees centigrade.
- Make certain that the water does not touch your parcels through strainer.