Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thai Chicken Chili Dry & Garlic Fried Rice




My family and friends know about my love for Chinese and Thai cuisine. One day I watched this recipe on Shireen Anwar’s show Masala Mornings who happened to be my teacher too. So thought of giving it a try. This is similar to what I used to have in Cafe Zouk, so yes it does save my 600 bucks now because I can make it. 
Follow the recipe.
Thai Chicken Chili Dry
Ingredients:
Oil 2-3 tbs
Boneless chicken 1/2 kg (thinly sliced)
Crushed garlic 1 tbsp
Red chillies and green chillies fresh 4 each (sliced)
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Red chilli pounded 1 tsp
Ginger juliene sliced 1 tbsp
Mushrooms 5-6 (sliced)
Fish Sauce 1 tbsp
White Vinegar 2 tbsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
Spring onion 2-3 tbsp
Method: 
  1. Heat oil in a wok, add crushed garlic, fry a little till light golden brown. 
  2. Add boneless chicken, saute till tender and water dries. 
  3. Put in salt, white pepper, red chilli pounded, mushrooms, ginger, fish sauce, white vinegar, soya sauce, oyster sauce, stir well.
  4. Add sliced green and red chillies. 
  5. Add spring onions in the end and serve with garlic rice.
Garlic Fried Rice
Ingredients:
Rice 1/2 kg  (boiled)
Soy sauce 1 tbsp
Salt 1½ tsp

Crushed garlic 2 tbsp heaped
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Method:
  1.  Heat oil, add crushed garlic, fry till golden brown. 
  2. Add boiled rice and all the above seasoning. 
  3. Toss the rice well for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Tip: I do add 1 tsp of sesame oil in every Chinese and Thai dishes even in soups, when they are completely cooked. It does add the special aroma and taste to your cuisine. Do try that!

19 comments:

  1. Ill hire you when i open my restaurant! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *droolssss* mouth wtering literally!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried this. It was soooo good!! :D Everyone loved it in my fam. Do try. Awesomee recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your feedback Hafsa :) I'm so glad you are trying recipes from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kamal hai yaar. tum zabrdast recipies le ker ati hoo. i m gonna try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaar yeh oyster sauce and fish sauce nahi hai mere pass. is k begair chalay ga?? main nai nai cooking seekh rahi hoon to i dont even know what are these things :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sundus - Thank you, you can get Oyster Sauce from any super stores, and yes you can omit Fish Sauce if you want. But do add Oyster sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i made this chiken chilli a few minutes ago.. and believe me mehwish it was just awesome!!! thank u so much for sharing such wonderful recipies. u cant just imagine how xcited i am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know about your excitement :D I'm so glad you tried it, really appreciate your comments and feedback. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to make this tomorrow. You have resolved our everyday dilemma of 'what to cook next?':)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I'm glad that this everyday dilemma has been resolved :)

    ReplyDelete

  13. Beautiful photograph, looks like a professional! Congratulations on your guest post and delicious dish. Your recipe is simple, has all the good flavors that I like and is the kind of dish that I would like to make at home:-)
    chowringhee satya niketan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shop our determination of Electric Grills in the Outdoors Department https://bestbuyelectricsmoker.com/relish-the-best-roasted-chicken-of-your-life

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a outstanding job! 192.168.l.254 is a private IP address used to login the admin panel of a router

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi from where can I get fish sauce? And of which brand can you please guide me, I love cafe zouq's chicken chilli dry so I want to try it at home

    ReplyDelete

Share

Widgets

Print as PDF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...